Friday, December 4, 2015

Hey.

I think I'll do these random updates every once in awhile.
Things are always changing, moving, happening. I'm 15 now, and life feels great, most of the time.  I still have my struggles, but whatever. Have you ever read a book, or watched a movie, or witnessed an act that just made you so grateful for how much you have? That's how I feel right now.
As for what's going on in my life right now? It's pretty good. Writing on here now actually makes me feel rather strange, as if I'm holding onto the past but living in the present, and always wondering about the future. Other than that, I feel normal. I have a job now. That's right, a real job. It's just a tutoring job for two little boys, but it's still a full-fledged job. I like the boys, but let's just say it's definitely not an easy job.
Haha when I look back at my overly-dramatic twelve year old self it makes me laugh/cringe when I realize how completely immature I was. I thought I was like so totally mature, but nope, same as the rest of them. So, message for everyone who in the future will have preteens: KEEP THEM BUSY.
I'm busier now, with better friends and a job and a great youth group.
Alright, what next? I feel like I'm butchering this blog post with half-thought ideas and random philosophies. How about adventures? Everyone likes to hear about adventures.
This year has been preeeettty eventful, in a quiet way. I've been on lots of weekend trips, and they've all been great. But honestly? I went on this amazing Fri-Sun to College Station (TX) with a couple of sibs to visit my brother Matthew for Fourth of July weekend. He's in college, and he has a bunch of nice roommates/friends that hung out with us the whole weekend. We got there on Friday, went to this German place, (Side note: German food? Not for me.) and then we walked around Bryan. I doubt any of you have gone to Bryan before, but if you have, you know how cool it is. It's the town you think of when you think: stereotypical small town with cool buildings and great sidewalks. Anyways, we got root beer floats, listened to street performers, and petted dogs. I had no idea HOW MUCH people came up to you just to pet your dog until then. We got stopped so much just because people wanted to pet Larry's dog. Then, when we got back that night, we went to Kroger! That might not sound that awesome, but you guys probably don't know that me and late-night grocery stores have a long, fabulous relationship. College people are so fun. One guy even bought a five-pound bag of gummy bears. I always wondered what kind of person buys a five-pound bag of gummy bears, and now I know.
On Saturday, we decided to have the most American Fourth of July ever. We started out by going to a shooting range. I've shot guns before, but I was a little nervous because it'd been a while. Never fear! I didn't injure anybody, and we all survived with all our limbs intact. We ended our time at the shooting range to watch someone blow up a car with Tannerite, which is apparently what you do if you have the money and you're about to get married.
After that, we went to lunch at this in the middle of nowhere restaurant. I don't even remember what this place was called, but the food was pretty great and it was there I discovered my favorite drink of all time: Cherry Coke.
We ended the day at a party/celebration/festival thing A&M was having in honor of Fourth of July. We waited about 2000 hours for the fireworks to start, but it was okay because I was surrounded by pretty cool people, and a puppy.
Needless to say, it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment